Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
STUDENT DROP-OFF/PICK-UP AREAS:
Students will be dropped-off and picked-up by either the front gate (facing Old Gilroy Street) or the back gate (facing E. 7th Street). Adults will not be allowed to enter through gates. If you are coming to volunteer or for any other reason, you will need to check into the school office first. Teachers will pickup students and walk them to and from their classrooms.
SPECIAL NOTE TO TK & FIRST GRADE PARENTS:
- TK students will enter and be released at the front black gate (nearest the office).
- First grade students will enter and be released at the front back gate (nearest the office).
FOR KINDER & GRADES 2-5 STUDENTS:
- Parents picking up students in cars should drive to the end of the circular driveway in front of the office (loading zone area) where students will wait with a yard duty supervisor.
- Parents who are walking to pick up their students should wait by the gate in front and must be listed on the emergency card. Students may only be released to adults listed on their emergency card.
- If your child is walking to or from school, please discuss with them the correct way to cross a street, looking both ways before crossing, stay within the designated crosswalk, obey any crossing guards, no running through the crosswalk, etc.
Please remember to drive safely when dropping off and picking up your student. Please do not double-park or park in front of neighborhood driveways. Gilroy Police Department will be patrolling all schools during the course of the school year.
THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT IS FOR STAFF USE ONLY. IF YOU ARE PICKING UP YOUR CHILD AND WALKING INTO THE SCHOOL, PLEASE PARK ON THE STREET.